- This event has passed.
Fundraising from Trusts and Foundations – Session 2
October 6, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
With an estimated 9,000 independent trusts and foundations in the UK giving £2 billion in grants each year, they are a prime source of funding for your charity. However, it is absolutely vital that you properly prepare your applications, undertake research and develop tailored proposals that meet their specific criteria. This course aims to give participants the essential skills and knowledge they need to develop successful fundraising from trusts and foundations in their charity.
Target Audience: This course will benefit those who want to develop, refresh and improve their strategies for successful Trust and Foundation fundraising including researching, selecting and applying to potential funders.
Learning Outcomes: At the end of this course participants will be able to:
· Identify sources of research and information into trusts and foundations, both generally and specific to their area of work.
· Match their organisation or project’s needs with those of trusts and foundations, self-assess own eligibility.
· Create a trust funding plan for their charity.
· Develop a trust funding application using appropriate language and adhering to best practice.
· Respond appropriately to an application decision, ensuring long-term relationships with trusts and foundations.
This session will take a deeper look at how to put together a strong trust application: understanding what funders expect to see and effective writing skills, and reviewing your own real-life example. We’ll also look at the importance of stewardship and reporting to build long-term relationships with funders.