All Onboard with B&G LLP
November 4 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
One of the most challenging and necessary relationships in the nonprofit sector is the relationship between its leadership and the Board. In our post-pandemic world, getting the board and leadership team right could mean the difference between the success or failure of a charity.
In this online workshop, we’ll discuss good board recruitment, what makes a good board member, the board/leadership relationship and how to make sure your organisation AND board members get what they want from board service. This session is designed for nonprofit leaders and managers, those currently serving as on their Boards as well as those interested in joining a nonprofit board.
By the end of this session, you should be clearer about the roles and relationships you need to create a winning Board/ leadership partnership.
Please note that each workshop session is limited to 15 participants in total. If places sell out we will schedule further dates if there is enough demand. If you have problems booking please email us at [email protected]
You will learn
* How to recruit the board members you need to achieve your organisation’s goals
·* What kind of board you need to have at the right stage for your organisation.
* Your board matrix and the dynamics of board relationships and meetings
* Board member job descriptions, roles and responsibilities and how to maximise their time, commitment and experience to the greatest benefit of your organisation.
* What board members need and what they gain from being a board member.
* The characteristics of a great board member and great board chair
* The role of Board Members in fundraising
* The importance of the Board/ Executive Director or CEO relationship